What's a Weekend????

Got to love me!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Riverside, California

So you think you want to know about me?!? Well that's a complicated thing. Some people think I am a very nice person, while others swear that I am satan in the flesh. Some think that I know everything, and again others treat me as a dumb blonde. I can tell you that I work 6 to 7 days a week, love my family, don't know what a weekend is or what I would do with my time if I had one. I love the country, hate stupid Orange County people, and lived in Hollywood for 3 years. I believe in God, but don't think that one religion has gotten it right. I have a tattoo and want more, I don't think that there is anything wrong with body piercing. I think that you should be able to speak and read ENGLISH in order to vote or drive in this county and if that make's me a bad person, oh well, deal with it.

Friday, March 09, 2007

High School

Well...

I thought I had convinced myself that I was ready for Drew to start High School this fall, but...I was wrong.

Last night was Freshman Orientation Night. I think it was more for us parents than the kids. Anyway, Drew and I went and it was a lot of fun at first. We all sat in the gym and watched the different performances, then it was time to walk around and check out all the different clubs/sports/activity groups he could join/sign-up for. We were having a pretty good time (I hate crowds) checking out the Media club, football, and baseball when 2 girls from the Mock Trial team made a beeline for Drew. They were cute, typical teenage girls. The were talking to Drew about joining the Mock Trial team. Poor Drew, he was clueless as to what was happening, just as I was at first. Like I said typical teenage girls. You remember girls, when you were that age and you saw a guy you thought was cute, but you were to afraid/shy to go up and talk to him, so your friend, like it or not drug you over to stand there and look like a bump on a log while she chatted up with romeo, continually dropping hints that you liked him, all the while he is oblivious to what is really going on. So there we stand the 4 of us and it dawns on me what is happening when the one girl, trying to "convince" Drew that Mock Trial was for him says, "And you can meet cute girls, like her..." as she glances over at her friend, who is now turning a slight shade of red.

Okay, so it's about this time I realize I am not ready for Drew to go to High School. These girls are flirting away, Drew is oblivious, and I all of a sudden realize that I'm getting old. This is not going to be as fun as I thought. I start really looking around at all the other parents and really notice that everyone looks soooo old. OMG, this can't be happening to me, I don't look like, I can't look like all these other parents, I'm only 34!!!!!

So as I sit here in my corner, rocking back and forth chanting...I'm not ready for this, I'm not ready for this, Drew us taking great pleasure in continually reminding me that there is not a damn thing I can do about it.

Got to love those teenagers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home