What's a Weekend????

Got to love me!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Riverside, California

So you think you want to know about me?!? Well that's a complicated thing. Some people think I am a very nice person, while others swear that I am satan in the flesh. Some think that I know everything, and again others treat me as a dumb blonde. I can tell you that I work 6 to 7 days a week, love my family, don't know what a weekend is or what I would do with my time if I had one. I love the country, hate stupid Orange County people, and lived in Hollywood for 3 years. I believe in God, but don't think that one religion has gotten it right. I have a tattoo and want more, I don't think that there is anything wrong with body piercing. I think that you should be able to speak and read ENGLISH in order to vote or drive in this county and if that make's me a bad person, oh well, deal with it.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

New Day

Okay, so for awhile now this has been my place to bitch and vent, so I'm sure everyone is just as tired of it as I am. So just one last time and then I through with it, at least for a while.

Yesterday was Princes' funeral. I have never been to anything Catholic, it was a beautiful service. We filled St. Catherin's (about 250-300 people) and if God ever wanted to get rid of the majority of California's punk bands he could have in one shot. It was quite the motley bunch.

After the service there was the reception. Unlike most funeral reception's this one was held at InCahoots. It used to be a country/western bar, now it's just a bar/nightclub (non-denominational).

Drew went with us (yes he was aloud inside, no he did not drink). He is excited to tell his friends that at 13 he was allowed inside a bar. Princes' son Paul (also a friend of Drew's) played on stage with some of his dad's old bandmates/friends.

To say the least, it was not your typical reception, but it was what Prince would of wanted.

We all "partied" a little too hard, celabrating Princes' life. We will miss him and we all still harbor a lot of ill feel's for the person who killed him, but he ended life on top, doing what he loved to do.

Brandon, Rich, Chris and Bob, are keeping the sound company alive with all net proceeds going into a trust for Paul.

Anyway...no more on that subject.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Cool to hear about the reciption and all.. They had a fan get a tattoo in memory of him. It's on their my space site.. Take care

Love you
Kim

12:40 PM, August 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home